Commercial plumbing systems ensure that businesses have access to clean water and proper wastewater disposal, but these critical systems are not infallible. Pipes may become clogged, sustain damage from accidents and weather events, freeze, burst, rust, or simply wear down over time. If the pipes were improperly installed in the first place, these issues are even more likely to happen.
Further, plumbing problems are as disruptive as they are inevitable. Not only do they make it impossible for your business to use basic amenities like sinks and toilets, but they also cause water leaks that often lead to even more harm to your business. The water might directly damage your product supply, or moisture might collect in a particular area and develop hazardous mold. Your customers, workers and visitors may be put at risk, and you may even need to temporarily cease operations, resulting in lost revenue on top of the additional costs.
Industrial commercial and institutional (ICI) plumbing companies like Mattina Mechanical Limited can help to resolve these problems when they occur. More importantly, they can install and inspect your pipes with the professional expertise needed to keep those problems in check before disaster strikes.
Choosing the Right Plumbing Contractors is Vital
When your business encounters a plumbing need, you must carefully select the plumbing contractors you hire for that job. You may be wondering: ‘Why shouldn’t I simply choose a plumber from a list of plumbing companies near me?’ The answer is that ICI plumbing has a unique set of concerns that not every plumber is equipped to address.
Choosing a plumbing company to work on commercial buildings is a decision that carries many ramifications. That company will be responsible for ensuring that your plumbing system is safe, functions as you intend it to, and complies with all applicable plumbing regulations for your location and industry. If you choose plumbing contractors who cannot meet these standards, you will be forced to invest even more money into hiring new ones who will be able to correct the problem.
For this reason, it is essential that you consult plumbing contractors that are familiar with the needs of commercial and industrial clients and are equipped to do the necessary work. Mechanical plumbing companies understand how to properly install and service a system that might be used by hundreds of people each day, ensuring consistent performance from a large number of distribution points. Construction plumbing companies also know how to properly execute the complex plumbing layouts that are sometimes required for commercial locations.
Commercial Plumbing Services for Any Hamilton Company
There may be many plumbing companies Hamilton businesses can call on, but only those that understand the many demands of commercial plumbing work can deliver the best results. Mattina Mechanical has been providing commercial and industrial plumbing services in Hamilton and the greater Toronto area for several decades. Over the years, we have consistently delivered the quality commercial plumbing Hamilton businesses have depended on. The breadth of our plumbing experience allows us to serve clients from any industry with in-depth knowledge of their needs. Some of the specific types of projects we have worked on include:
- Schools and educational buildings with bathrooms, cafeterias and gym facilities.
- Warehouses, including any specialized systems needed to operate equipment.
- Government buildings and their associated infrastructure.
- Restaurants and other food service buildings requiring extensive considerations to satisfy local bylaws.
- High-capacity recreational facilities, including pools, changing rooms and toilets.
- Office and business premises with multiple sets of separate kitchen and washroom facilities.
Hamilton Plumbing Contractors with the Versatility You Need
Many businesses prize the ability to customize their plumbing arrangements or adapt them to new developments in their industry. At Mattina Mechanical, our technicians have the skill sets required to handle plumbing projects, either typical or unusual, working on them from start to finish to provide the unique solutions businesses demand. We provide all of the following services to our customers as needed:
- Chiller and Boiler Installations and Retrofits – MML provides Chiller Plant Installation and Retrofits. MML is fully certified with Technical Standards and Safety Authority (T.S.S.A.) in accordance with CSA Standard B51, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code and ASME B31.3 Process Piping, and ASME B31.1 Power Piping.
- Sprinkler and Standpipe Installations – MML provides services for Fire Protection and sprinkler system installation using some of the most reputable companies in the province.
- Hot Water and Steam Heating – MML has 40 years of experience in the installation of Hot Water and Steam Heating using only licensed Pipefitters and Steam Fitters.
- In-Floor Radiant Heating – MML has experience in many projects from commercial, institutional, residential, LEED certified buildings, and both indoor and outdoor installations for in-slab heating. In-floor heating serves as one of the most efficient and most comfortable methods of heating a space.
- Radiant Cooling – MML is one of the few contractors in Canada that has had experience in the installation of radiant cooling systems when optimal efficiency and optimal control are required.
- Portable Gas and Electric Welding – MML provides a wide range of pipe welding capabilities – whether in-house fabrication or on-the-road service at the client’s location.
- CCTV Inspection and Pipe Locating – MML provides CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) Sewer and Drain inspections using digital technology in videoing the internal sewer as well as locating the services underground.
- Sewer and Drain Cleaning – MML provides drain cleaning services in-house using the latest equipment for either mechanical auguring or hydrostatic flushing.
- Plumbing for Clean Room and Water/Wastewater Treatment Facilities – MML provides mechanical installations and retrofits in clean room installations, Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant facilities.
- Piping, Ductwork and Equipment Thermal Insulation – MML provides services for piping, ductwork and equipment thermal insulation installation using some of the most reputable companies in the province.
- Pipefitting – MML offers a wide range of pipefitting services and plumbing specialties in the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Sectors.
- Millwrighting and Electrical Support Staff – MML provides Millwrighting/Electrical support staff for our mechanical installations to assist our clients with a full service and complete installation.
- Asbestos Removal Assistance – MML Staff is trained in Asbestos Awareness to aid in the identification of asbestos while working in existing buildings. We assist the client in working directly with Asbestos Removal contractors to remove any potential asbestos on-site in order for project related work to carry on in an efficient manner.
- Commissioning – MML provides assistance to Commissioning agents working at the owners’ level for both LEED Accredited and Non-LEED Accredited buildings.
- Design/Build Construction – MML has completed some of the most complex type Design-Build Projects in the areas of Industrial, Commercial and Institutional construction. We are also able to partner with other firms to provide larger, more complex projects expert advice in the area of Mechanical Systems.
- Project Management – MML employs professionally trained staff in the latest Project Management methodology and provides continuous training and improvement in these areas. Project Managers strive to achieve various levels of certification such as Professional Engineers (P.Eng.) and Professional Project Managers (PMP and P.GSC).
Every business will need the help of plumbing contractors at some point in its life cycle. If yours has reached that point now, contact Mattina Mechanical Limited to speak to a renovations advisor about our commercial and industrial plumbing services; together, we will discuss your needs and determine how best to proceed with your project.